Look for the Smart Balance Pick Seal to find healthier recipes that meet or exceed our nutrition guidelines.
We know you love to cook with Smart Balance® products-both for the delicious taste and nutritional benefits.
That's what Smart Balance Picks are all about.
About Smart Balance Picks
Smart Balance nutritionists develop & review all recipes that incorporate Smart Balance® ingredients and will review and rate them for taste and against our nutrition criteria highlighted below.
If you're searching for meals as nutritious as they are delicious, check out all these recipes that bear the Smart Balance Pick seal.
Smart Balance Pick Recipe Nutrition Guidelines
To Be a Smart Balance Pick, recipes should contain nutritious ingredients-high in fiber, a good source of fruits and vegetables, and/or low in fat and sodium, and avoid use of nutrient-poor ingredients such as trans fat.
In general, recipes should meet the following guidelines.
- Less than 500 calories for an entree
- Less than 300 calories for a non-entree recipe
- 3 grams saturated fat or less for a meat entree
- 4 grams saturated fat or less for a combination meat/starch entree
- 2 grams saturated fat or less for a non-entree recipe
- Less than 0.5 grams per serving
- 600 mg or less per serving
Occasionally, in our nutritionists' discretion, a recipe that has a great taste and an overall good nutrient make-up but slightly exceeds one or more of these guidelines still may be selected as a Smart Balance Pick. We will do our best to inform you of these special circumstances.