Articles You May Find Interesting
Take a step back in time and revisit the days of step aerobics. Look around your house for a step that suits your fitness level: a foot rest, the first step on the staircase,...
By Janis Jibrin, M.S., R.D., Nutritionist What’s a reasonable portion of pasta? Mashed...
By Sidra Forman There are so many ways to make a great veggie burger. This recipe is a delicious and quick option. The baking...
Wow your friends and relatives during the holiday season with these easy-to-make Phyllo Apple Pie Bites!
Phyllo cups can be made up to a week prior, and filled before serving.
PHYLLO CUP INGREDIENTS:
2 tablespoons Smart Balance® Buttery Spread Original
6 sheets frozen phyllo dough, thawed
21-ounce can apple pie filling
3 tablespoons powdered sugar
TO MAKE PHYLLO CUPS:
1. Preheat oven 350 degrees F
2. Place buttery spread in a small microwave safe bowl and cook on high setting 20 seconds or until just melted
3. Work with one sheet at a time; keep the remaining sheets covered in plastic wrap or a slightly damp paper towel
4. Brush one side of the phyllo very lightly with the Smart Balance® Buttery Spread
5. Place one sheet of the phyllo on top of the just brushed phyllo
6. Repeat until you have 4 sheets total
7. Cut into 3 inch squares
8. In a 24-cup mini muffin pan, place the 3 inch squares to fit the tin, pressing in the edges slightly
9. Bake 5 minutes or until golden
10. Remove from tin and cool completely
11. Repeat with remaining phyllo squares
Makes 24 shells total;
Tip: Store up to one week in airtight container in single layer; do not stack.
TO MAKE FILLING:
1. Cut the apple pie filling pieces into small pieces, about 1/3-inch cubes
2. Place the filling in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat
3. Cook 2-3 minutes or until heated thoroughly. Remove from heat
4. Using a fine mesh sieve, sprinkle half of the powdered sugar evenly over the phyllo shells
5. Spoon equal amounts of the pie filling in each phyllo shell and sprinkle with the remaining sugar
serve warm or room temperature.
Makes 24 filled shells total;
Per serving (tart shell included in analysis):
0g saturated fat
0 grams trans fat
0g polyunsaturated fat
0g monounsaturated fat
29mg Omega-3 fatty acids
225mg Omega-6 fatty acids
Look for additional sweet & savory filling recipes on the site!